Because of very limited on-campus IT staff availability and concerns for staff health, the Teams headset on-campus pick-up service ended on March 25, 2020.
Those full-time UWM faculty and staff who remain interested in Teams headsets, and did not pick them up, may complete this webform (should circumstances change and pick-up resume): https://uwm.edu/technology/request-support/
There are multiple options for participating in a Teams meeting if you do not have a headset:
- Use a personally-owned headset or smartphone-included earbuds/microphone
- For example, the EarPods that are included with an iPhone feature a microphone
- Download the Teams Mobile App on a tablet or mobile device
- These devices typically have built-in audio and video capabilities
- Install the Teams Desktop App on a personal computer
- Many devices already feature built-in speakers and microphones that can be used with Teams
- Call into a Teams meeting with a landline or cell phone using the call-in information provided in the Teams meeting details
Please visit uwm.edu/workremotely for more information on these options.