The UWM wireless network service provides wireless Internet access to personal and University-owned wireless-enabled computers and mobile devices. Connectivity to this network is available in public spaces and classrooms in specific buildings (limited or no connectivity in outside stairwells, restrooms, mechanical rooms and kitchens). UWM Wi-Fi has the following features:
- Wireless Internet access for personal and University-owned wireless-enabled computers and mobile devices
- Three service options (UWMWiFi, UWMVisitor, eduroam) for groups using wireless
- An auto-setup utility for configuring laptops using Windows 7 (prior to machines auto detecting encryption settings)
- Walk-in support available for assistance with device setup
UWM Wi-Fi is available in all UWM buildings.
Service InformationService Access
Credentials differ depending on the level of UWM Wi-Fi service selected:
- UWMWiFi – requires ePantherID and password
- UWMVisitor – requires passphrase
- eduroam – requires local credentials from member eduroam institutions
Student access granted (UWM Wi-Fi level)
Prospective students are given access to this service when fees are paid and notification is given in PAWS for eligibility to register for classes.
UWM Wi-Fi Student service discontinuation (UWM Wi-Fi level)
Access to this service is removed when a student has not registered for classes for the past two consecutive full semesters (fall and spring).
Employee/sponsored access granted (UWM Wi-Fi and UWMSponsored levels)
Faculty, staff and those sponsored by a permanent faculty or staff members are given access to this service when the hiring process is complete and the ePantherID and password are activated.
Employee/sponsored service discontinuation (UWM Wi-Fi and eduroam)
Access to this service is removed when an individual is no longer employed by or holds a sponsored affiliation with UWM.
Scheduled Maintenance Windows
The defined standing maintenance windows for the UWM Wi-Fi wireless network are on Tuesday from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. and Thursday from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Scheduled or Unplanned Outages
Information about scheduled or unplanned outages is posted at ITStatus.uwm.edu.