The IT purchasing service manages procurement for computers, software, cloud services, and all other IT assets at UWM. This service is for use with University funds only. For personal sales, see the UWM TechStore.
Service activities include:
- Receive IT Purchase Requests
- Consult customers and perform needs assessments
- Provide quotations and fulfillment options
- Submit requisitions and/or orders
- Order tracking and fulfillment
- Develop standard computer and equipment models
- Manage suppliers
Employees may submit the purchase request form to request a consultation, quote, or purchase of any of the following items:
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Desk Phones for use with Teams voice calls
- Mice, keyboards, and other input devices
- Cables, accessories
Supplies for printing such as paper and toners should be ordered using ShopUW+ similar to other office supplies.
UWM offers self-service purchasing for standard software through the UWM Software Shop.
Employees may submit the purchase request form to request purchase of software, apps, and cloud services that are not a part of the standard software offerings.
Service InformationService Access
- A valid ePanther ID and password are required to submit a purchase request.
- A valid funding string is required and authorization to purchase must come from the funding owner.
- Department purchases and inquiries can be made 24/7 by using the Purchase Request form.
- Staff will respond during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.