UWM Faculty and staff can procure a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT for non-UWM individuals who are affiliated with their department, projects or research and have legitimate business or academic need for university information technology (IT) services. Sponsored individuals with access to IT services through an ePantherACCOUNT are required to adhere to the Regents’ Policy on ‘Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources’ as well as applicable laws and regulations.
By approving the request for a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT, the faculty or staff member becomes a sponsor and agrees to the following:
- The sponsor must have a legitimate reason for requesting an account for a guest.
- The sponsor and their guest are required to provide accurate and valid contact information.
- The sponsor is encouraged to set the guest affiliation for the shortest time possible, with the understanding that sponsorship and guest access to IT services may be renewed as long as the affiliation continues.
- The sponsor is responsible for reporting when the guest affiliation has ended.
- The sponsor is responsible for responding to notification of pending guest affiliation expiration so IT services are renewed without interruption or disabled to protect university resources.
- The sponsor is responsible for identifying another sponsor if they intend to leave the university.
Service InformationService Access
The PREP or authorized individual requesting a sponsored account must have an active ePantherID and password to log in to this service.
Once the request form is submitted, allow 2-4 business days for sponsored ePantherACCOUNT creation and notification.
Access is discontinued once the sponsored ePantherACCOUNT reaches the end date submitted in the request form.
This service is available 24/7 except during maintenance periods and unscheduled network and server outages.
Scheduled or Unplanned Outages
Information about scheduled or unplanned outages is available at uwm.edu/gettechhelp.
The procedure used to request a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT can vary depending on the services that the individual needs to access. The sponsor must have the following information before requesting a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT:
- Legal name of the individual
- Date of birth of the individual
- Indication if the individual was a former student or employee of UWM
- Previous name if the individual was a former student or employee of UWM
- Reason/Justification for the request which may Include details to support the need for university IT services. Include name and type of outside business, program, educational institution or organization the guest is associated with. Include the guest’s role (employee, student, professor, member of, etc.) with their outside business, organization, etc. It may also Include a brief explanation of the guest’s main affiliation with UWM, such as clinical field instructor overseeing students, vendor contractor working on long-term campus project, researcher/collaborator assisting sponsor on research, volunteer with department, non-UWM student serving internship, member of a UWM-affiliated organization, consultant, etc.
- Category of sponsored guest:
- Cooperative Urban Teacher: Cooperative Urban Teacher Education Program (CUTEP) participant from MATC leading to admission to UWM’s teacher education program.
- Employee Special Account: PREPs or authorized individuals may submit Sponsored Guest Account requests for new employees if paperwork is delayed. The IAM Team will create accounts one (1) week prior to the individual’s start date. The account will expire after two (2) weeks if the paperwork is not submitted/completed.
- Pre-College: Pre-College High School student or adult participating in GEAR-UP, Future Success, Quest, Veterans Upward Bound or other programs.
- Sponsored Student: Sponsored student guest. May be used for previous UWM students attempting to re-enroll, providing access to facilitate making up an incomplete, or other reasons related to being a student. May include non-UWM students from other Higher Education Institutions or High School students in UWM-sponsored programs.
- Special Housing: Special Housing Guest includes non-UWM students residing in UWM Residence Halls halls under special agreement with University Housing.
- Upward Bound Math and Science: Upward Bound Math/Science program participant. An academic support pre-college program funded through the US Department of Education.
- Upward Bound: Upward Bound program participant. A pre-college academic achievement program funded through US Department of Education, Federal TRIO Programs.
- Visiting Scholar: Visiting Scholar, Researcher, Professor or Collaborator who will not be paid from the UW System appointment system.
- Miscellaneous Sponsored: Miscellaneous sponsored guest includes (but is not limited to) contractor, volunteer, unpaid intern, community member serving a UWM program, UWM-affiliated community program participant, grant-funded UWM member, lump-sum paid UWM member and others not itemized here.
The Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT Request Form is for departmental use only to collect and process these requests for guests of sponsors.
New Instructor – Must use the Registrar’s Utilities application to submit new instructor requests.
Employee or Student requests may be denied:
- UWM campus computing accounts can only be provisioned for formally verified users. Accordingly, before a request for a new employee account can be implemented, all HR forms and paperwork must be:
- approved by the Personnel Representative (PREP) of the prospective account holder’s division (school, college, or administrative department); and
- entered by the UWM Campus’ Department of Human Resources.
This process is necessary to ensure the security of vital campus systems and to prevent unintended user account duplication. Please contact your division’s Personnel Representative (PREP) for further information.