Strategic Social Media
Unlock the power of social media with TechEd Frontier’s comprehensive Strategic Social Media course. Learn to create effective marketing strategies, boost engagement, and drive business growth through platforms like Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), and LinkedIn. Register today to gain the skills you need to succeed in the dynamic world of social media marketing.
About This Pathway
UWM’s TechEd Frontiers Social Media Strategy pathway will delve into the intricate strategies employed by businesses, organizations, and individuals to amplify their social media presence. This course equips learners with both practical knowledge and analytical skills essential for the creation, evaluation, and execution of social media and mobile campaigns, while also promoting ethical and effective social media use.
In this pathway, you will:
- Explore the evolution of social media, ethical and legal foundations, personal and professional branding, industry qualifications, and even the impact of social media on mental health.
- Dive into topics like storytelling, audience analysis, social care, content calendars, emerging trends, and more.
- Develop and refine essential social media skills, including crafting your personal code of ethics or your company’s, shaping your professional and personal branding plan, conducting a comprehensive social media audit, and crafting strategic proposals and content proposals.
- Learn to navigate the dynamic landscape of social media effectively, strategically, and ethically, ensuring you’re well-prepared to succeed in today’s digital age.
*Course Textbook (Required)
Social Media for Strategic Communication: Creative Strategies and Research-Based Applications. Freberg, K. J. (2019). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, ISBN-10: 1506387101, ISBN-13: 978-1506387109
Note: Either a new or used copy of this textbook is acceptable for this course.
The pathway consists of twelve modules, building the skills necessary to pursue a career in Social Media Strategy. Each self-paced module is designed for one week of learning, approximately eight hours each week.
The modules include:
- Module 1: Social Media: An Art and Science
- Module 2: Ethical and Legal Fundamentals of Social Media
- Module 3: Personal and Professional Branding
- Module 4: Industry Qualifications and Roles
- Module 5: Research: Monitoring, Listening, and Analysis
- Module 6: Strategic Planning for Social Media
- Module 7: Strategic Writing for Social Media
- Module 8: Audience Segmentation and Analysis
- Module 9: Creating, Managing, and Curating Content
- Module 10: Measurement, Evaluation, Budget, and Calendar
- Module 11: How Social Media is Applied and Social Care
- Module 12: Current Trends and What’s Next
This TechEd Learning pathway has been designed for learners interested in developing the skills necessary to use social media effectively to achieve their marketing objectives, connect with their target audience, and drive engagement and conversions. Whether you are a business owner, a marketer, a freelancer, or a job seeker, social media training can help you achieve your goals and reach your target audience.
Strategic Social Media Skills are in Demand
Social media strategy skills are in high demand today, and the numbers back it up. The sheer scale of social media usage is staggering, with over 3.6 billion people actively engaging on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), and LinkedIn. This massive user base represents an enormous market potential. Studies show that 54% of users research products on social media, and 71% are more likely to make a purchase based on social media referrals. This underscores the critical need for professionals who can craft and execute effective social media strategies. Moreover, the constantly evolving nature of these platforms demands skilled individuals who can adapt and innovate to stay ahead in this competitive landscape. With social media driving significant business impact, it’s no surprise that social media strategy skills continue to be in high demand across industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment in media and communication occupations; including social media strategists is projected to grow by 12 percent from 2022 to 2032, which is faster than the average for all occupations. This growth is driven by the increased demand for digital media and the expansion of online and mobile content.
Learn From Subject Matter Experts
The competencies in every TechEd Frontiers pathway have been created and informed by UWM’s award-winning faculty and respected industry leaders. The expert involved in the creation of the Strategic Social Media digital credential possesses over twelve years of experience serving as a department chair and Associate Professor of Communication and Public Relations.