Blockchain technology is driving innovation and creating competitive advantages for companies worldwide in various industries and environments. Register today to acquire an awareness of the fundamentals of Blockchain technology, learn commonly applied Blockchain business strategies, and discover the framework required for successful implementation.
About This Pathway
This comprehensive learning pathway is designed to provide a deep understanding of Blockchain technology, covering its applications, usage landscape, business cases, and future considerations, enabling learners to effectively comprehend and utilize this transformative technology. In this pathway, you will:
- Examine the fundamentals of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies and gain exposure to the ecosystem surrounding blockchain technology from both technical and non-technical standpoints.
- Learn the key strengths and motivations of distributed ledger technology
- Be exposed to the underlying mechanisms by which they function.
- Develop the insight necessary for utilizing and managing blockchain systems
- Discover how emerging technologies will impact the use of Blockchain.
The pathway will take learners through six modules, building the skills needed for you to understand the scalable and decentralized applications that comprise Blockchain architecture. Each self-paced module is designed for two weeks of learning, approximately eight hours each week.
The modules include:
- Fundamentals: Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
- Opportunity: Use Cases Across Industries
- Landscape: The Blockchain Ecosystem and Applications (Ethereum, Smart Contracts, and Tokens)
- Challenges: Legal, Regulatory, ESG, and Opportunities
- Strategy: How to Evaluate and Articulate a Business Case for Blockchain Technology
- Looking Forward: The Future of Blockchain Technology, AI, and Digital Privacy
This TechEd Learning pathway has been designed for those seeking a greater understanding of how Blockchain technology can be used in a business environment, professionals seeking strategic advantages through innovation, and for those planning to transition to a new career in financial tech, banking, or emerging tech applications.
Blockchain Skills are in Demand
Blockchain development is one of the fastest rising fields in the labor market. A successful career in blockchain technology applications offers multiple job paths and opportunities to work on innovative projects using cutting-edge technology. Nationally, the demand for skills in this pathway is expected to grow nearly 59 percent over the next 10 years. Showcase your new skills by sharing a digital badge with your professional networks.
Learn From Subject Matter Experts
The competencies in every TechEd Frontiers pathway have been created and informed by UWM’s award-winning faculty and industry leaders from some of Milwaukee’s largest companies. Experts involved in the Blockchain digital credential come from UWM’s School of Information Studies.