Summer Bridge New Student Orientation will be held virtually on July 16th. Registration for New Student Orientation will open at the end of April.Register for Orientation Family Information
ANNOUNCEMENTS – On April 21st an email was sent to all Summer Bridge students detailing new updates for the program in response to COVID-19 safety considerations.
Summer Bridge Program
Summer Bridge is a conditional admission program designed to improve the academic success of incoming freshman whose academic preparation indicates a need for skill strengthening. The Summer Bridge Program offers smaller classes with excellent instructors and individualized academic advising, all of which will help you start working towards the college major of your choice and transition to full admission with the right resources at hand.
Summer Bridge Coursework
Courses completed for the Summer Bridge Program will satisfy course and credit requirements for any of UWM’s degree plans, putting you on the path towards graduation.
We strongly encourage Summer Bridge students to submit a 2020-2021 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This is the first step to determining if you’re eligible for state and federal financial aid.
The Financial Aid Office is available to answer any questions and can assist you with completing the necessary paperwork. We encourage you to complete the FAFSA application as soon as possible. Funds are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Fall and Spring Academic Year Housing Requirement and Contract
All first year students are required to live on campus during the academic year unless they have an approved exemption from this requirement. Please see the University Housing website for room rates for our various buildings and room styles (uwm.edu/housing).
- The priority deadline to submit your 2020-2021 Academic Year Contract is June 1.
- Should you wish to live off-campus, you must receive a Granted Exemption from the Freshman Residency Requirement. For information on the approved reasons for exemption and to find the request form, please visit https://uwm.edu/housing/students/residency-requirement/.
June 1, 2020
- $150 Confirmation Deposit Due (via PAWS)
- Housing Contract or Exemption Due
July 16, 2020
- Mandatory New Student Summer Bridge Orientation
September 2, 2020
- Fall Classes Begin