Congratulations on the achievements that have led you to this step in your journey. New Student Orientation marks your entrance into the UWM community. This program will introduce you to the UWM campus, as well as to other new students and families. New Student Orientation is intended for new students, but parents are welcome to attend Family Orientation.
As a result of involvement in the New Student Orientation program:
- Students will be able to make a class schedule and register for classes.
- Students will be aware of the importance of getting involved and the methods for doing so at UWM.
- Students will understand what diversity means at UWM.
- Students will understand the importance of and strategies for a successful advisor relationship.
- Students will understand the expectations university faculty and staff have for them.
You’ll receive an invitation to register for New Student Orientation after the following items are completed:
- Take the Placement Tests (and UWM receives the scores – up to 2 weeks after the test is taken)
- Submit the $150 Confirmation Deposit* (part of the $250 New Freshman Fee)
- Complete your University Housing Contract and $100 deposit/pre-payment OR Housing Exemption Form.
If all orientations have passed, please contact the New Student Orientation office at 414-229-5842 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Student Orientation is one of the many steps you will take towards establishing a successful college career. We look forward to meeting you this spring or summer and assisting you in your journey at UWM.
*This deposit is not refundable if a student attends Orientation or enrolls in classes.
To sign up, Click Here: New Student Orientation Registration
Orientation Information (You are starting Summer/Fall 2017), Click Here
Orientation Information (You are starting January 2017), Click Here