Ignite Coaches play a key role in the Ignite Leadership Institute. Ignite Coaches serve as small-group facilitators and guide a “cluster” of 8-10 undergraduate students through the Ignite experience. Ignite Coaches are UWM faculty/staff or graduate students serving in para-professional roles in the Division of Student Affairs. Ignite Peer Coaches are students who have completed the Ignite program, now serving as a peer guide through the experience.
Responsibilities and Time Commitment for Ignite Coaches Include:
- Complete the interest form and be selected as an Ignite Coach.
- Participate in Ignite Coach Training
- Attend the Ignite Kickoff on Thursday, October 12 from 4:30-7:00 pm.
- Host four 90-minute Ignite Cluster Sessions at your selected day and time, utilizing the curriculum provided by Student Involvement
- Attend the Ignite Closing Reception on Wednesday, November 15 from 4:30-6:00 pm.
We are looking for Ignite Coaches who can:
- Serve as a mentor and role model for Ignite Cluster members
- Support the academic and co-curricular success of Ignite Cluster members
- Foster an open and inclusive environment that engages and empowers cluster members