The goal of the Recreation Center is for all participants to have a fun and safe time in the space. In order to accomplish these goals, we require that participants follow the following policies.
- You must be at least 18 years old or a UWM student with a valid UWM ID to enter the Recreation Center.**
- Patrons are asked to clean up after themselves and dispose of their garbage in the proper receptacles.
- Students, faculty, and staff must have their respective ID’s to receive special pricing.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for any loss of or damage to personal equipment.
- Items left in the Recreation Center (including ID’s) will be brought to the Union Information Desk at the end of the business day.
- Patrons will be held responsible for the repair/replacement of any damaged or broken Recreation Center equipment.
**Exceptions can be made for special events and /or reservations. Arrangements must be made with the program coordinator at least 48 hours in advance.
- Bowlers must wear bowling shoes or can bowl in their socks.
- An ID is required for shoe rental..
- Bowlers may not cross the black foul line for any reason.
- Bowlers may not send more than one ball down a lane at the same time.
- Please replace all the bowling balls to the racks when finished..
- Six or eight pound balls are available for use upon request.
Cosmic Bowling Policies – Cosmic Bowling is open for UWM Students only
- Sign up for Cosmic bowling starts at 8:00 pm during normal hours.
- Cosmic bowling is first come first served. Due to the extremely high attendance rate of Cosmic Bowling, we cannot guarantee a lane for anyone. Come early!
- The purchase price includes 3 games and bowling shoe rental.
- If your game is not completed by the Recreation Center’s closing time, you will be asked to conclude it. No refunds will be given for unfinished games.
- Massé shots are prohibited. (a shot in billiards made by hitting the cue ball with the cue held nearly vertically; the cue ball spins around another ball before hitting the object ball)
- Sitting / leaning on the billiard tables is not permitted at any time.
- Pool rack and triangle must be returned to the front desk after your game is finished.
Table Tennis Policies
- Sitting / leaning on the table tennis tables is not permitted at any time.
- No food or drink is allowed on the table tennis tables.
- All patrons using the table tennis room must leave an acceptable form of I.D. at the Recreation Center counter even if they are using their own equipment.
- Patrons will be held financially responsible for any Recreation Center table tennis paddles that are returned broken.
Gamer’s Lounge Policies
- Only UWM students with a valid UWM student ID can use the game systems.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Gamer’s Lounge.
- All students must leave an ID at the counter to play.
- The Wiimote wrist strap must be worn at all times while playing the Wii.
- Return all gaming equipment as you received it.
- Patrons are not allowed to bring their own gaming equipment to the Recreation Center. This includes, but is not limited to: game discs, controllers, and gaming systems.
- Patrons are allowed to bring in their own memory card to save their games.
- Patrons are not allowed to access the internet with any of the gaming systems.