The goal of the Recreation Center is for all participants to have a fun and safe time in the space. In order to accomplish these goals, we require that participants follow the following policies.
- At this time, the Rec Center is closed to community members. Only faculty, staff, and students are able to use the space.
- All patrons and staff must wear a mask or face covering, in accordance with the state mandate and campus policy.
- Bowling groups will be limited to 4 per lane.
- Due to social distancing guidelines, there will be limited table tennis tables, billiards tables, and bowling lanes available. We are asking that patrons not remain in the space while waiting for availability. We will take down your name and number and call you when space becomes available.
- For more information on COVID policies and cleaning procedures, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be at least 18 years old or a UWM student with a valid UWM ID to enter the Recreation Center.**
- Patrons are asked to clean up after themselves and dispose of their garbage in the proper receptacles.
- Students, faculty, and staff must have their respective ID’s to receive special pricing.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for any loss of or damage to personal equipment.
- Items left in the Recreation Center (including ID’s) will be brought to the Union Information Desk at the end of the business day.
- Patrons will be held responsible for the repair/replacement of any damaged or broken Recreation Center equipment.
**Exceptions can be made for special events and /or reservations. Arrangements must be made with the program coordinator at least 48 hours in advance.
- Bowlers must wear bowling shoes or can bowl in their socks.
- An ID is required for shoe rental..
- Bowlers may not cross the black foul line for any reason.
- Bowlers may not send more than one ball down a lane at the same time.
- Please replace all the bowling balls to the racks when finished..
- Six or eight pound balls are available for use upon request.
Cosmic Bowling Policies – Cosmic Bowling is open for UWM Students only
- Sign up for Cosmic bowling starts at 8:00 pm during normal hours.
- Cosmic bowling is first come first served. Due to the extremely high attendance rate of Cosmic Bowling, we cannot guarantee a lane for anyone. Come early!
- The purchase price includes 3 games and bowling shoe rental.
- If your game is not completed by the Recreation Center’s closing time, you will be asked to conclude it. No refunds will be given for unfinished games.
- Massé shots are prohibited. (a shot in billiards made by hitting the cue ball with the cue held nearly vertically; the cue ball spins around another ball before hitting the object ball)
- Sitting / leaning on the billiard tables is not permitted at any time.
- Pool rack and triangle must be returned to the front desk after your game is finished.
Table Tennis Policies
- Sitting / leaning on the table tennis tables is not permitted at any time.
- No food or drink is allowed on the table tennis tables.
- All patrons using the table tennis room must leave an acceptable form of I.D. at the Recreation Center counter even if they are using their own equipment.
- Patrons will be held financially responsible for any Recreation Center table tennis paddles that are returned broken.
Gamer’s Lounge Policies
- Only UWM students with a valid UWM student ID can use the game systems.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Gamer’s Lounge.
- All students must leave an ID at the counter to play.
- The Wiimote wrist strap must be worn at all times while playing the Wii.
- Return all gaming equipment as you received it.
- Patrons are not allowed to bring their own gaming equipment to the Recreation Center. This includes, but is not limited to: game discs, controllers, and gaming systems.
- Patrons are allowed to bring in their own memory card to save their games.
- Patrons are not allowed to access the internet with any of the gaming systems.