To declare a major in Sociology, simply complete the following steps:
- Click on the Declaration of Major Form link below:
Declaration of Major Form »
- Fill out the Declaration of Major Form
- Submit the Declaration of Major Form
What happens next?
- An undergraduate faculty advisor will receive your submitted request to declare sociology as a major and will review your unofficial transcript.
- Within approximately 5-7 days, you will receive a detailed email from the sociology faculty advisor with your assessment.
- Your request to declare sociology as a major will be approved (unless otherwise stated) and filed as part of your student record.
- You have officially declared sociology as a major, WELCOME to the sociology department!
Undergraduate Faculty Advisors
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all sociology advising is currently taking place online. Virtual appointments are available upon request.
Prof. Noelle Chesley, Director of Undergraduate Studies
Office: Bolton 752
Prof. A. Aneesh
Office: Bolton 760
Prof. Celeste Campos-Castillo
Office: Bolton 736
Prof. Cary Costello
Office: Bolton 738
Prof. Kent Redding
Office: Bolton 756