Alyssa Sheeran, MS
Alyssa Sheeran is a senior lecturer at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Her research interests focus on individual- and neighborhood-level influences on recidivism, sentencing disparities in the criminal justice system, adult drug treatment courts and veterans' courts, and perceptions of the police. She is currently working on a project to evaluate the Milwaukee County Adult Drug Treatment Court and Veteran's Treatment Initiative. Alyssa has taught undergraduate courses in Methods in Social Welfare Research, Crime and Criminal Justice Policy, and Criminal Court Processes.
Ali has published articles in criminal justice journals and is the coauthor of Teaching Research Methods. She has also presented her work at several regional and national conferences.
- Ph.D. (ABD), Social Welfare, UW-Milwaukee, 2019
- M.S., Criminal Justice, UW-Milwaukee, 2015
B.S., Criminal Justice, UW-Milwaukee, 2012
- Individual and neighborhood characteristics associated with offending
- Sentencing disparities in the criminal justice system
- Adult drug treatment courts and veterans' courts
- Perceptions of the police