Daria Mueller, MSW
Daria Mueller is a doctoral student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Prior to her current role, she worked with Chicago-based nonprofits for 10 years. Daria's work focused on public policy solutions to address violence against women, poverty and homelessness, criminal justice reform, prostitution, and sex trafficking.
Her experience includes: spearheading efforts to establish the WINGS Project, a treatment court for women with prostitution offenses in Chicago; leading legislative advocacy for the End Demand Illinois campaign, which has transformed prostitution and human trafficking laws in Illinois; and teaching as an adjunct instructor at Dominican University’s Graduate School of Social Work.
- MSW, University of Illinois at Chicago
- B.A., Social Work, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Street-based prostitution and sex trafficking
- Violence against women and its intersection with poverty/class, race, and criminal justice contact
- Trauma-informed practice and policy
- Criminal justice policy and practice