Paul Mascari is a doctoral student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He's the principal consultant at Clearwall Safety Consultants, where he specializes in school safety. He was named the director of public safety at Marquette University in 2014 and appointed the university’s first chief of police on May 1, 2015. While at Marquette, he was instrumental in the process that led to the passage of Wisconsin Act 265 in 2013, which granted Marquette the authority to create and operate a sworn police department. As chief, Paul led the 90 members of the new Marquette University Police Department through their inaugural year, during which time the MUPD achieved more than a 20% decrease in crime compared to the previous year.
Paul is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps and Coast Guard Reserves.
- M.A., Criminal Justice Administration, Marquette University
- Graduate Certificate, Law Enforcement Leadership, Marquette University
- B.A., History, UW-Milwaukee
- School safety
- Student behavioral intervention and threat assessment / management
- Police leadership and management