How to Get Started
MSW- Introduction to Field Education and Placement Process (PPT)
For students who will begin their first placement the following semester.
General MSW Field Application
Required Field Education Materials
Orientation to Field Education Practicum (PPT)
Mandatory for students beginning their first semester of field education.
Field Hour Verification Form
Use this form to record your hours during your field placement.
- Clinical Field Placement Verification Form – Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- This form is only relevant for graduate students who have had a clinical field placement and want to document this for the purposes of a future application for the Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) credential. A student may request that the field liaison complete this form at the close of their clinical field placement so that the student has verification of the clinical nature of the field placement documented for their future LCSW application.
- Students may direct questions about this form to their field liaison. For more information about social work credentialing in Wisconsin, including LCSW, see the health profession web pages of the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services.
Learning Plan Examples
- SW 721/722 – Direct Practice
- SW 721/722 – Clinical
- SW 821/822 – Direct Practice
- SW 821/822 – Clinical
- SW 821/822 – Macro
Student Evaluation Forms
Field Education Course Forms
Evaluation Instructions for Students
Direct Practice Self-Evaluation Form
Direct practice students: Use for mid-term progress report and final evaluation.
School Social Work Self-Evaluation Form
School social work students: Use for mid-term progress report and final evaluation.
Macro Practice Self-Evaluation Form
Macro practice students: Use for mid-term progress report and final evaluation.
Field Grading Rubrics
Field Grading Rubric (SW 721)
Field Grading Rubric (SW 722, SW 821, SW 822, SW 921)