Admission to the Social Work Master’s Degree Program
- Admission to the MSW program is limited and competitive. Factors considered in evaluating applicants are academic preparation and achievement, personal qualifications and maturity, volunteer and employment experience, and potential and aptitude for both graduate study and professional practice in social work.
- A graduate entrance exam such as the GRE or MAT is not required for admission. An advanced standing track is available for students coming to the MSW program who have earned a BSW within the past 5 years.
- We admit applicants only for the fall semester. Applications for Fall 2022 will be accepted starting October 1, 2021. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 15, 2022.
Minimum Requirements for Admission to the MSW Program:
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better (including undergraduate course work from all colleges attended and each attempt of any repeated courses).
- Satisfactory completion of at least 21 semester credits in social and behavior science areas such as psychology, sociology, political science, economics, anthropology, or their equivalent.
MSW Program Information & Forms
Prospective MSW Student Information