Instructions for the Completion of the Final Evaluation of Student
Thank you for your supervision of our social work field student(s). Your role is critical and we cannot manage our program without you! Since we have made significant changes in our Field Program documentation requirements for this semester, this is a brief explanation of the new process:
- The student downloads and completes their Final Self-Evaluation form, being sure to include narrative comments in all rating categories describing their competency development.
- The student submits their completed Self-Evaluation to the Field Instructor.
- The Field Instructor completes the online final evaluation of the student’s performance, downloads the evaluation after completion, and prints a PDF version of the evaluation and reviews it with the student.
- The student and the Field Instructor sign the following three documents:
- Final self-evaluation completed by the student
- Final Field Instructor evaluation
- Verification of Field Hours form
- The student uploads all three documents into the Canvas dropbox assignment folders.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is no way to close out of the evaluation mid-progress and save your answers. If you need to stop working on the evaluation and come back to it later on, you will need to minimize the window you are working on rather than closing out of it. Otherwise, you will have to start the evaluation over.
Thank you again for your partnership with HBSSW!
Agency Information Form
Click on the link above to include your agency in our online agency resource book.
Required Field Education Materials
Learning Plans & Mid-Term Progress Report
BSW Learning Plan & Mid-Term Progress Report Form
Late Field Documentation Request Form
Students can submit this form to their liaison to request an extension for submitting field documents.
Field Education Grading Policies
Practicum Improvement Plan
To be completed at the discretion of the field instructors for students who are performing below expectations in one or more areas.
Evaluation Forms for Field Education Program
Final Evaluation of Field Liaison
For field instructors
Field Hour Verification Forms
- Clinical Field Placement Verification Form – Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- This form is only relevant for graduate students who have had a clinical field placement and want to document this for the purposes of a future application for the Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) credential. A student may request that the field liaison complete this form at the close of their clinical field placement so that the student has verification of the clinical nature of the field placement documented for their future LCSW application.
- Students may direct questions about this form to their field liaison. For more information about social work credentialing in Wisconsin, including LCSW, see the health profession web pages of the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services.