Criminal Justice & Criminology
Applicants must hold a master’s degree or equivalent in criminal justice, criminology, or otherwise titled degree in the criminal justice field.
Applicants must hold a master’s degree or equivalent in social work (preferred), a related field, or be assigned MSW-level coursework to fulfill any deficiency requirements. We require a copy of transcripts that demonstrate fulfillment of MSW degree, equivalent requirements, or that satisfy social work training deficiencies.
Joint MSW/PhD or Joint MSCJC/PhD Program
- A bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Meet admission requirements of the UWM Graduate School.
- Successful applicants must be prepared to enroll as full-time students; the program does not offer an option for part-time study.
- The expected time to completion of degree requirements for the MSW is approximately two and one-half years, plus another one and one-half to two years for the Ph.D.
- Students who hold a BSW degree earned within the past five years at a CSWE-accredited program may be able to shorten the time to completion of the MSW degree by up to one year.
The expected time to completion of degree requirements is four to five years. International students must complete all additional requirements for international applicants. Refer to Center for International Education website or contact them directly at email@example.com or 414-229-4846. A checklist for graduate applications can be found here.