What is the National Case Competition?
CUNA Mutual Group’s National Case Competition (formerly FOCUSS Competition) is back and better than ever!
The CUNA Mutual Group National Case Competition can be completed as either a solo or team project (with up to three members). Participants can expect to work on, and then submit a written proposal to the 2019 Problem Statement by March 15, 2019, 5pm CST.
Once the proposal is submitted, a CUNA Mutual Group representative will review and select the top proposals to move on to the final round case competition in Madison, WI. Selected finalists will receive an all-inclusive trip to Madison from April 9-10. There they will have the chance to network with CUNA Mutual Group employees and leaders, learn about internship opportunities, and explore the Madison area. Lastly, the National Case Competition participants will present their proposals in front of a panel of judges and CUNA Mutual Group leaders.
Opportunities for students
The National Case Competition offers many benefits for student participants including:
- Valuable networking experiences
- All-inclusive trip to Madison, WI
- Exclusive internship opportunities
- A chance to win up to $5,000!
How to get involved
Visit cunamutual.com/ncc to learn about the competition, see this year’s problem statement, and apply for the 2019 National Case Competition.
Who can participate?
Any undergraduate student at UW-Milwaukee.
Can I win money? (Yes!)
- If you’re selected to present at the national competition at CUNA Mutual, Tuesday-Wednesday April 9-10, 2019, prizes include:
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $3,000
- 3rd Place: $2,500
Create a credit union geared toward multiracial, multicultural and multigenerational members. In your response, please describe:
- The unique products and services that your credit union would provide;
- Your marketing strategy to connect with new consumers; and
- Describe your strategy to ensure that your multiracial and multigenerational consumers could be on the path toward financial security.