The deadline to apply for Spring 2021 field placements was Thursday, Oct. 29. The next opportunity to apply is for Summer 2021, and that deadline is Friday, Feb. 26.
Please read the information below before you begin your application:
- You must be of junior standing in a criminal justice major (or a related major) with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- You must have successfully completed Criminal Justice 110.
- Undergraduates can only do a total of 6-credits for field placements and graduate students can only do a total of 3-credits for field placements.
- 3-credit placements require 96 total semester hours with agency and 6-credit placements require 192 total semester hours with agency.
- Undergraduates must register for CJ 311-001 for 3 credits or CJ 311-002 for 6-credits.
- Graduate students must register for CJ 999 with Dr. Thomas LeBel.
- Transportation is your responsibility.
- Please take note if your agency requires that you complete an additional application.
- You may be required to undergo a background check.
- List of agencies
Project AssistantKatherine Tydeman
- Associate Professor
Thomas LeBel, Ph.D.
- Criminal Justice Field Education
Helen Bader School of Social Welfare
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
PO Box 786
Enderis Hall, Room 1125
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0786
- Fax: (414) 229-5311