The Business Administration and Technology Operations (BATO) office is an administrative shared-services unit that serves the School of Education and the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare, and provides select services to the College of Health Sciences.
BATO’s mission is to administer business resource systems that highly satisfy our customers’ requests and meet standards.
BATO serves as a liaison to campus units that are the primary providers of facility services, custodial, safety, and security. BATO Building Services supports:
- School of Education
- Helen Bader School of Social Welfare
- College of Health Sciences
Business & Financial Services
The responsibilities of BATO include:
- Financial analysis
- Accounting and reporting include (but are not limited to):
- Financial reporting
- Non-salary cash transfers
- Budget development and analysis
- WISDM access/assistance
- Annual budgets
- Pre-audit and processing of Academic Support Service Agreements (ASSA)
- Direct Charges
- Direct Payments
- Inter-Institutional Agreement Contracts
- Miscellaneous Expense Reports
- Moving Expense Payments
- Payment to Individual Reports (PIR)
- Purchasing Card Applications (P-Card)
- Travel Advances
- Travel Card Applications (T-Card) and Travel Expense Reporting (TER)
- Tuition Reimbursement forms to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and best practices
Human Resources Services
The responsibilities of BATO Human Resources include (but are not limited to) recruitment, personnel, leave, and unclassified, university staff and student payroll. You can also find resources and links to campus policies about affirmative action, Americans with Disabilities Act, criminal background checks, equal opportunity employment, and family medical leave.
Information Technology Services
The BATO IT Office at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee complements the campus and system-wide technology support units by providing reliable and wide-ranging IT support services to the College of Health Sciences, Helan Bader School of Social Welfare, and the School of Education.
Our mission is to increase the productivity of faculty and staff by fostering relationships of trust and collaboration that ultimately allow our campus to apply the full potential of technology to educational and research endeavors.
- Human Resources Manager
- IS Comprehensive Services, Senior
- IS Supervisor II
- Financial Specialist
- Accountant, Journey
- IS Computer Support Technician
- UW Human Resources Manager