This position is currently filled for summer 2018. However, we are always looking for ideas and people to help with our social media accounts. If you are interested in the internship or social media, please contact Tina Keller.
Digital Communications Internship
You have a passion for social media. You love connecting with people. You enjoy taking photos and know the perfect filter. You communicate with emoji and gifs. Your writing is clever and casual. And no one can top your Snapchat game! ??
UWM University Relations & Communications is looking to hire a digital communications intern. The ideal student brings innovative ideas, creative energy and solid content creation skills to help manage our 250,000+ community. This internship will help you grow, gain real-world experience and build your portfolio.
- Sophomore or junior pursuing a degree in journalism, marketing, communications or a related major
- Experience and interest with social and digital media
- Exhibits passion, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Passion for UWM and being #PantherProud
- Account coordination and content development for UWM’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, as well as other emerging platforms
- Contributes ideas and executes deadlines on content calendar
- Writes content for UWM’s Medium account, social media website and other sites as needed
- Collaborates with University Relations marketing, media, video and web teams
- Monitors, tracks and responds to social conversations and keywords
- Attends and contributes social media posts at campus events
- Develops digital communication plans around university events and announcements
- Assists with social media promotion, training and discussions
- Monitors social media trends and explores emerging platforms for the university
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation & Hours
Compensation: $10 per hour
Hours: 20 flexible hours per week during the school year, up to 30 during summer
Work Area: University Relations, Social & Digital Media; 4th floor of Physics Building, room 442
Reports To: Digital Marketing Manager
How to Apply
Please send your resume and two writing samples to Tina Keller at email@example.com.