Thinking about quitting or cutting back? Help is available. Students can contact on-campus health services through Norris Health Center, University Counseling and Health Promotion and Wellness.
Resources available from Norris Health Center include:
- Educational materials
- Individual consultations
- Access to quit medications, including non-nicotine prescription medications and nicotine replacement therapies
The Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line is a free service to help people quit smoking, vaping, or other tobacco use. It is sponsored by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Call 800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669) to talk to a friendly quit coach or register online.
Your quit coach can connect you with:
- free coaching.
- free medication.
- access to a Web Coach
The National Cancer Institute provides a variety of free resources and tips for quitting smoking available at smokefree.gov. One of those resources is the QuitGuide app which helps you understand your smoking patterns and build the skills needed to become and stay smokefree. Use the app to track your cravings by time of day and location, and get motivational messages for each craving you track. QuitGuide helps you:
- Track craving and slips by times of day and location
- Track your mood and smoking triggers
- Stay motivated with inspirational messages
- Identify your reasons for quitting
- Get tips and distractions for dealing with cravings and bad moods
- Monitor your progress toward achieving smokefree milestones