The Human Services Department of the UWM School of Continuing Education (SCE) is seeking an outgoing, self-motivated part time administrative support person to support its varied program areas. The position will average 20 hours per week with a maximum of 1,000 hours per calendar year. Some scheduling flexibility is required during evenings and weekends to support department events and programs. Pay ranges from $12.00 to $16.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. The SCE is located in Downtown, Milwaukee.
Under general supervision this position is expected to perform a wide variety of complex tasks. Individuals in this position must have possess a highly developed skill set, the ability to exercise good judgment, and a high level of professionalism. This position communicates and works with instructors, participants, staff and student workers. Program areas supported by this position include Languages, Human Services/Trauma, Engineering, and Non-profit. Typical job responsibilities will vary from day to day and include:
- Telephone coverage for the department
- Becoming familiar with courses offered through the department to be able to answer questions of participants
- Respond to Internal and External inquiries using quality Customer Service skills
- Assist with coordination of program delivery by reserving rooms, preparing materials, ordering supplies, opening and/or closing classrooms, interact with instructors and participants,
- Monitor enrollments of scheduled department programs and activities; Assist with course evaluations (knowledge of Qualtrics, helpful).
- Entering/editing/proofing course information in the registration system (Ungerboeck) and on the SCE intranet website.
QUALIFICATIONS OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum two years’ experience performing administrative activities, including, but not limited to typing, editing and filing documents; operating copier, scanner and fax machines
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to flex hours to meet the needs of the department including some evenings and weekends
- Evidence of strong organizational, planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- Web Technology Skills, WordPress and/or other related website technologies
- Understanding of D2L/Canvas platforms a plus
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Your cover letter and resume must address your qualifications, experience and knowledge as it specifically relates to the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position as well as why you are interested in applying for this position. Please submit all application materials to: Angela Kelber, email@example.com.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin’s Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin’s Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of “final candidates” and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM’s Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.