The Registration Services department at the School of Continuing Education is seeking outgoing, self-motivated, hard-working UWM students with good customer service and organizational skills. Registration serves the school’s programming areas and handles registration for our classes, answers phone calls, and provides reception desk coverage primarily during the hours of 7:45am to 5:15pm Monday through Friday.
The School of Continuing Education is located in the Plankinton Building at 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., in downtown Milwaukee.
- Handle and process incoming registrations and payments for non-credit conferences, classes, workshops and other events.
- Provide high quality customer service to external customers and internal departments.
- Provide reception desk coverage, answer phones and manage incoming calls.
- Make reminder calls to participants with open balances on their registration orders.
- Utilize Microsoft Office and other software to input data and maintain records.
- Proofread marketing materials against data in the registration system and on the SCE website, and make appropriate updates.
- Type, edit and file documents.
- Operate business equipment including copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
We are looking for detail oriented people with excellent communication skills (especially on the telephone), solid computer skills, a willingness to learn, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and the maturity to work in a professional environment. Training will be provided. You must be a student to apply for this position; we will work around your class schedule.
Pay Rate & Hours
- The Registration Services office is staffed from 7:45am to 5:15pm Monday through Friday.
- Starting pay is $8.25/hour – This is an entry level position.
- Excellent performance can lead to pay and responsibility advancement.
- Work study is accepted, but not required.
To apply, please email: Luke Olson, Assistant Director for Registration Services.
email@example.com • 414-227-3194
You must include:
- Cover Letter
- Detailed Availability including Class Schedule and all other time commitments