Early Care and Education – Customized
As an experienced ECE professional, you know the magnitude of your job in providing quality care and education to our youngest learners. Continue to build your knowledge, skills, leadership capacity and marketability. Prepare for your next career step. Expand your qualifications for a variety of possibilities and opportunities.
The Early Care and Education – Customized Certificate lets you determine the knowledge areas and skills you need to meet your own professional development interests, position requirements, state regulations, QRIS requirements and/or accreditation standards.
Your biggest challenge will be deciding on the best four courses for you! Choose from:
- Five AC courses that focus on day-to-day operations, management skills and business practice savvy.
- Three LC courses that focus on effective leadership skills and dispositions, field-wide advocacy and initiatives, and visionary change.
- Four PDC courses that focus on program implementation, program culture, and coaching in high-quality learning environments.
Who should attend?
• Early childhood administrators/directors/leaders
• Family providers
• Lead teachers
• Individuals preparing to open an early childhood program
• ECE professionals interested in taking their knowledge, skills and practice to the next level
• Choose four courses from the 12 courses listed below.
• Available for undergraduate credit and noncredit.
• AC and LC courses available for graduate credit.
• Credits may be applied to specific UWM degree programs that can be taken fully online.
• Any three AC courses (if taken for credit) are recognized by the NAEYC as meeting part of an alternative pathway for program administrators to achieve educational qualifications for NAEYC Early Childhood Program Accreditation.
• Choose to start any time of the year.
To register for these courses, contact Liz Weber, email@example.com
To find details on individual courses, click the specific course titles below.