Early Care and Education – Leadership
As an early childhood professional, you have the vision to lead and the passion to succeed. Now, with the Leadership Credential, begin your own journey to become the exceptional leader you are meant to be.
The Leadership Credential consists of a 12-credit sequence of four courses. It provides the building blocks for successful leadership and grows leadership capacity by focusing on skill development, dispositions, new direction, and visionary change. It complements the Administrator Credential (focus on day-to-day operations and management) and the Program Development Credential (focus on program implementation in high-quality learning environments).
Together, these three credentials provide early care and education professionals at all levels with the knowledge and skills needed to develop and sustain top-caliber programs for young children.
Themes for this four-course series include the importance of excellence and diversity in early childhood programs, and the role of vision and reflective practice in reaching these goals.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants to lead – including those who have taken other credentials or previous college courses
- Early childhood professionals seeking to take their leadership to the next level
- The first course may be taken individually or as part of the Credential/Certificate
- Courses must be taken in sequential order
- Courses are offered in online formats
- Courses are available for undergraduate and graduate credit; a non-credit option is available
- Credits may be applied to specific UWM degree programs
- Click on “course” tab below for full descriptions of each course
To register for these credit-based courses, contact Liz Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find details on individual courses, click the course title below.
Oct 12-Dec 12 Online
Oct 12-Dec 12 Combined Online
Mar 15-May 15, 2021 Online
Mar 15-May 15, 2021 Combined Online
Oct 11-Dec 11, 2021 Online
Oct 11-Dec 11, 2021 Combined Online
Jan 25-Mar 20, 2021 Online
Jan 25-Mar 20, 2021 Combined Online
June 21-Aug 14, 2021 Online
June 21-Aug 14, 2021 Combined Online
Sept 14-Nov 14 Online
Sept 14-Nov 14 Combined Online
Mar 29-May 22, 2021 Online
Mar 29-May 22, 2021 Combined Online
Sept 27-Nov 20, 2021 Combined Online
Sept 27-Nov 20, 2021 Online
June 14-Aug 14, 2021 Online
June 14-Aug 14, 2021 Combined Online
T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Program