Child Care Program Development: Courses, Credential & Certificate
The Program Development Credential (PDC) provides you with a path to a high-quality learning environment. Each credential adds a new layer and level to the skills, knowledge and disposition of the early care and education professional.
The PDC consists of a 12-credit sequence of four courses. The Registry, Wisconsin’s professional recognition system, awards the credential after successful completion of all four courses and the Registry’s commissioning process. Along with the credential, you earn a certificate in early childhood program development from UWM. Courses may be taken independently and with or without the intention of completing the four-course series.
Who Should Attend:
- Teachers interested in moving their careers in new directions
- Family Child Care Providers and FCCPs making the transition to group centers
- Program directors, assistant directors and site directors
- Directors of small group programs who do it all
- Those entering ECE through the business arena
- Teachers transitioning into director positions
- Master and lead teachers in supervisory roles.
- Take courses individually or as part of the Credential/Certificate
- Courses are offered in blended and online formats
- Credits can be applied to specific UWM degree programs
- Click on “Course” tab below for full descriptions of each course
To register for these credit-based courses, contact Shari Vinluan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find details on individual courses, click the course title below.
Course available Mar 9-May 7, 2020
Course available Mar 9-May 7
Course available Jan 21-Mar 14
Course available June 1-Aug 1
Course available Jun 1-Aug 1, 2020
Course available Jan 21-Mar 28
Course available Jan 25-Mar 28, 2020
Course available Jun 1-Aug 8, 2020
Course available June 6-Aug 8