The School of Continuing Education (SCE) is the largest provider of professional development in Southeastern Wisconsin. SCE offers professional development programs on topics spanning Leadership and Management Development, Project Management/Business Analysis, Human Resources, Digital Marketing, Early Childhood, Engineering, Human Services, and more. SCE offers hundreds of courses and serves nearly 10,000 participants every year. This includes training programs that can be custom designed to meet specific needs of organizations, delivered at the client’s site or UWM.
This position is responsible for consulting with outside clients and internal staff for the purpose of identifying, developing and executing delivery of customized training programs. Responsibilities include new business generation, maintaining current client relationships, and the management and coordination of customized training activities. This position requires outside client contact and may occasionally require working hours outside of the normal work day on client or project needs. Candidates must be self-motivated, able to handle complex projects with multiple stakeholders and have an understanding of new business development and best practices in managing ongoing client relationships. Experience in selling professional services to organizations is preferred, as is experience in the education industry.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet yearly customized training revenue goals by developing a book of business with new clients and maintaining and growing business with current clients
- Attend events, association meetings trade shows and other market development activities to network with prospective clients
- Work closely with internal programming staff to identify potential training opportunities/contacts and to strategize on providing customized training solutions to clients
- Serve as project manager for coordination, delivery and follow up for customized training programs including client contact, proposal/contract/invoice development, work with internal support staff and outside resources and evaluate training programs
- Use CRM to manage leads and account activity
- Prepare necessary documents in adherence to UWM & SCE policies and appropriate administration requirements
- Strategic, Consultative Sales Approach – apply solid judgement, critical thinking and problem solving in all phases of discovery, design, implementation and follow up for customized training programs
- Relationship Building – develop solid and productive working relationships with clients, internal staff and external resources
- New Business Development – use influence skills to build relationships with organizations and key individuals for both new and existing clients
- Project Management Skills – ability to apply solid project management skills to the coordination all aspects of customized training programs
- Learn and Build Knowledge Capital – gain knowledge of professional development market needs and SCE programs, applying this knowledge to prospecting and qualifying opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous sales or development experience that includes demonstrated track record of developing business solutions for customers
- Successful experience working in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software
- Outside sales experience
- Experience in higher education
- Experience selling professional services, consulting, or training
- Demonstrated Experience making cold calls and other lead generating activities
- Track record of developing business solutions for customers
- Ability to think strategically and critically and use sound business judgement in decision making
- Demonstrated project management skills, showing the ability to plan and execute deadline-driven projects with multiple stakeholders with minimum supervision and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience presenting to clients and other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills in building relationships
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical, and problem solving skills
SALARY: Hiring range Four, $42,167 – $53,987(midpoint) – 65,807 based on qualifications and experience. This position has excellent fringe benefits including four weeks annual vacation.
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: This is a full time, fixed-term academic staff position, renewable annually.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is a continuous recruitment with the initial screening of candidates to begin on October 28, 2019. Applications received after October 27, 2019 may not receive consideration.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. The following link will take you directly to our position: http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/29458
Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Your cover letter and resume must address your qualifications, experience and knowledge as it specifically relates to the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position as well as why you are interested in applying for this position.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin’s Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin’s Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of “final candidates” and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM’s Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.