Mr. Santelle is an independent consultant specializing in the additive manufacturing industry. Tom has most recently served as the VP and director of AM Training for the Lanterman Group, an America Makes platinum member. He collaborated on the development of the Advanced Curriculum in Additive Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Innovation (ACADEMI) – a portfolio of DfAM-based courses with a path towards industry certifications.
Prior to working with the Lanterman Group, Mr. Santelle was the director of strategic programs for Rapid Prototype + Manufacturing (RP+M) in Avon Lake, Ohio. He facilitated the technical execution of state and federal grant programs focusing on AM process and material research. As an experienced business management leader, Mr. Santelle worked for 25 years as the president and CEO of Real Time Consulting, Inc., a software engineering company specializing in the development of mission-critical solutions for DoJ and DoD customers. He also has a 14-year work history with Autodesk, Inc., a world leader in 3-D design software. Mr. Santelle has 20 years of experience developing technical execution plans and specifications for complex projects.
Relevant Additive Manufacturing Experience
Mr. Santelle led planning and execution efforts for the following state and federal grant programs:
- NASA Glenn/NARI – Seedling Project, Fully Non-Metallic Gas Turbine Engine
- Additive Manufacturing and Characterization of ULTEM Polymers and Composite
- America Makes/AFRL – Federal Grant, Maturation of FDM for Component Manufacturing
- America Makes/Northrop Grumman – Federal Grant, FDM for Complex Composites Tooling
Relevant Additive Manufacturing Curriculum Development Experience
Most recently, Mr. Santelle participated in the design, development and delivery of the following AM training courses:
- Metals Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Cincinnati State Community College – Additive Manufacturing Technician