Carlos Pastrana is an attorney in the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group in the Milwaukee office. He focuses his practice in the areas of labor and employment law, including discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, unemployment insurance, workers compensation, and labor relations issues. Mr. Pastrana has extensive English and Spanish litigation experience in Court and administrative forums at both the State and Federal level, which includes trial and hearing experience, as well as discovery, motion, and appellate practice. Mr. Pastrana also advises and trains local, national, and international employers with both English- and Spanish-speaking unionized and non-unionized work forces on how to handle day-to-day issues that arise from managing employees. Mr. Pastrana also provides legal advice in labor and employment matters to clients who are in the process of setting up operations in Latin America and California.
Prior Work Experience
Prior to working at Michael Best, Mr. Pastrana was an attorney for nine years at the firm of Goldman, Antonetti & Córdova, the Employment Law Alliance affiliate in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Mr. Pastrana handled employment, labor relations, and immigration matters for both the firm’s and his own domestic, national, and international corporate clients. Mr. Pastrana had also offered numerous trainings, presentations and seminars, in both English and Spanish, involving employment-related issues, most notably at the National Retail Federation’s annual national meeting.
- American Bar Association
- Puerto Rico Chamber of Commerce
- National Employment Law Council
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Board Member, La Casa de Esperanza
- Board Member, Milwaukee Artist Resource Network
- Board Member, Great Lakes Community Conservation Corps, Inc.
- Board Member, Milwaukee Acheiver
- Pro Bono Work, Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Pro Bono Work, Consulate General of the Dominican Republic in Puerto Rico