Write High-Impact Copy for Your Website
Whether you want your reader to share an article, click a link or make a purchase, crafting compelling web copy is one of the most powerful ways to do it.
In this course, you’ll learn why writing for the web is different than writing for any other medium.
You’ll also learn:
- How to create copy that gets the right kind of attention
- How to get your audience to take the actions you want them to take
- How quality content can help you reach your business goals
Julie Travia is an experienced Manager of Digital Content at Aurora Health Care, where she leads a holistic approach to Integrated Content Strategy. Julie cultivated her unique perspective over 16 years in the Marketing, Advertising, Community Service and Healthcare industries. ... read more
Who Should Attend
Any business professional responsible for (or heading a team responsible for) writing effective online content.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Gain a strong understanding of web writing best practices, and how to apply them to your content
- Learn the 5 proven models for writing headlines, subheads, email subject lines and social posts that inspire action
- Acquire tools to find the best SEO keywords for your content (so it gets found, read and shared!)
- Obtain a strong grasp of tone, style, and voice (and how to use these tools to differentiate your brand online)
- Learn a strategic approach to writing different types of content, including blog posts, social posts, email campaigns, videos and more
- Course Outline/Topics
- Web Writing Best Practices:
- 5 best practices to make your content scannable, consumable and shareable.
- Writing Headlines That Get You Noticed Online:
- How to cut through the noise and stand out to those who need your products, services, and ideas.
- Writing for Your Target Audience:
- Engaging your audience, building trust, providing value and solving problems.
- How to Write Different Types of Web Content:
- From social to blogging to writing for your website, different digital spaces require different types of copy. Learn how to identify types of content that will resonate with your audience, and how to craft copy for each distinct space.
- SEO and Keywords – Just the Basics:
- How to use keywords and on-page SEO to get your content found in search engines like Google.
- The Fine Art of the Call to Action (CTA):
- How to use CTAs to make your readers take action.
- Interactive Exercises:
- Apply what you’ve learned by collaborating with classmates in a fun, interactive setting. Create compelling headlines, ‘fix’ problem content and get feedback on content ideas and strategies for your business.
- Web Writing Best Practices:
An accredited undergraduate degree in business, marketing or related field and/or relevant career experience.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Thu., Dec 6
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Julie Travia
$349 by Wed., Nov. 21.
$374 after Wed., Nov. 21.
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5026-11132
Registration Deadline: Thu., Dec. 6