Write High-Impact Copy for Your Website
Whether you want your reader to share an article, click a link or make a purchase, crafting compelling web copy is one of the most powerful ways to do it.
In this course, you learn why writing for the web is different than writing for any other medium.
You’ll also learn:
- How to create copy that gets the right kind of attention
- How to get your audience to take the actions you want them to take
- How quality content can help you reach your business goals
Who Should Attend
Any business professional responsible for (or heading a team responsible for) writing effective online content.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Gain a strong understanding of web writing best practices, and how to apply them to your content
- Learn the 5 proven models for writing headlines, subheads, email subject lines and social posts that inspire action
- Acquire tools to find the best SEO keywords for your content (so it gets found, read and shared!)
- Obtain a strong grasp of tone, style, and voice (and how to use these tools to differentiate your brand online)
- Learn a strategic approach to writing different types of content, including blog posts, social posts, email campaigns, videos and more
- Course Outline/Topics
- Web Writing Best Practices:
- 5 best practices to make your content scannable, consumable and shareable.
- Writing Headlines That Get You Noticed Online:
- How to cut through the noise and stand out to those who need your products, services, and ideas.
- Writing for Your Target Audience:
- Engaging your audience, building trust, providing value and solving problems.
- How to Write Different Types of Web Content:
- From social to blogging to writing for your website, different digital spaces require different types of copy. Learn how to identify types of content that will resonate with your audience, and how to craft copy for each distinct space.
- SEO and Keywords – Just the Basics:
- How to use keywords and on-page SEO to get your content found in search engines like Google.
- The Fine Art of the Call to Action (CTA):
- How to use CTAs to make your readers take action.
- Interactive Exercises:
- Apply what you’ve learned by collaborating with classmates in a fun, interactive setting. Create compelling headlines, ‘fix’ problem content and get feedback on content ideas and strategies for your business.
- Web Writing Best Practices:
"Loved this course! Erich did a great job of providing relevant information and feedback." — Julie Felser, Marquette University High School, Participant, May 2021
"Erich was an ideal instructor in that he was organized, engaged and encouraging." — Participant, May 2021
"Erich’s expertise shined in this course. He was thoughtful and direct when delivering feedback. Exceptional organization." — Bradly Ford, Educators Credit Union, Participant, December 2020
"I got a lot out of this course. I liked being able to complete the class at my own pace over the week. The 1:1 meeting was most helpful." — Liz Charewicz, Johnson Controls, Participant, December 2020
Date: Oct 17-24
Delivery Method: Combined Online
Date: Mon - Oct 17 and 24
Time: Oct 17, 6:30-7:30pm, Oct 24, 6:30-8:30 pm
Available: Oct 17-24
Instructor: Erich Maas
$349 by Oct 3
$374 after Oct 3
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5026-14629
Note: Participants will receive instructions for logging into Canvas to access course materials and Zoom links prior to the first class.
Registration Deadline: Oct 17