Train the Trainer Unit II: Presentation and Delivery of Training Programs
The quality of the presenter often determines the effectiveness of a program. Turn any program into a valuable experience by learning to present effectively, explore group-learning techniques and gain solutions for challenging situations.
Special Note: This course also includes assignments that require you to record short simulated training videos, and to share them online. You are required to have access to a device (phone or tablet camera, webcam, laptop camera, etc.) that allows you to both record and save the video file to upload to the online course site. Instructions on how to upload your video files are given through your course site.
Rodney (Buck) Hillestad is founder and president of Hillestad Learning Technologies, a training and development company specializing in training design and delivery, along with leadership/managerial, and team skills. Buck regularly delivers classes for the University of Wisconsin extensions and is ... read more
Who Should Attend
- Training and Development Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- New or Experienced Trainers
- HR Professionals
- Anyone Who Wants To Design a Customized Program from the Ground Up
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Expertly prepare the learning environment
- Build an effective introduction
- Practice delivery with pointed feedback
- Understand web-based training and e-learning basics
- Optimize lecture and group discussion
- Apply experiential and accelerated learning
- Handle challenging situations and learners
Week 1 & 2 (7hrs)
- Preparing before the session
- Developing a solid introduction
- Aligning the vision of the organization to the training session
- Preparing the environment and others for the training session
- Effective room layouts
- Preparing yourself as the trainer
Week 3 & 4 (7hrs)
- Implement cont.
- Optimizing training methods
- Hone and practice your delivery skills
- Web-based training and eLearning solutions
- Experiential learning and accelerated learning techniques
- Top 10 training delivery tips
Week 5 & 6 (7hrs)
- Implement cont. & Evaluate
- Optimizing training methods cont.
- Solutions for challenging training situations
- Evaluating at levels 1 & 2
- Application Exercises
- Utilizing icebreaker activities
- Lecture, discussion and facilitation
- Using stories and humor role play
- Use of PowerPoint and flipcharts
- Effectively wrapping up training sessions
- Transfer of training
Unit I: Design and Development of Training Programs – Online must be taken prior to this course.
Access to Course Site
Approximately one week prior to the start date of the class, an email is sent with instructions on setting up your username and password and how to access the online course site.
This is an instructor-facilitated, online asynchronous course. You are required to have routine access to a computer with Internet (we highly recommend a high speed connection such as DSL or cable modem). You are also required to have a recent version of Microsoft Office Suite or a comparable program to include Microsoft Word (word processing), Excel (spreadsheets), and PowerPoint (presentations) in order to both view and create documents needed to participate in this course.
No textbooks are required. Course materials are provided in the online course site (D2L).
Each week you will be given readings and assignments to complete. Each week you will be expected to log in and complete assignments within the deadlines given in order to be awarded CEUs and the certificate of completion. However, within the deadline you will be able to complete the readings and assignments at your leisure.
Certificates of Completion will be mailed within two weeks after the last day of class.