The Beginner’s Yoga Program
The Beginner’s Yoga Program is a four-week series where you learn yoga poses that are appropriate for beginners in a safe and supportive atmosphere. By the end of the program, you will notice increased leg, core and arm strength, increased flexibility and the ability to breathe with more depth and ease.
Yoga is for everybody. As such, all are welcome to participate.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Develop confidence in your ability to successfully practice yoga.
- Develop a working understanding of the practice of yoga, to include pranayama (yogic breathing), asana (poses) and meditation.
- Demonstrate improvement in strength, flexibility and the ability to balance.
- Utilize these techniques in your work with clients or for your own self-care.
- Week 1: Yogic breathing, standing poses (part 1) and balancing
- Week 2: Standing poses (part 2) and backbends
- Week 3: Putting it all together (review of weeks 1&2)
- Week 4: Graduation – full practice and meditation
A calendar invite to access the online classroom will be sent within a few days of the start of class.
Dates and locations to be announced.