Social Media Manager Certificate
The Social Media Manager Certificate is for individuals responsible for strategic planning, alignment, and integration of social media within an organization.
This course is designed to create a foundational understanding of the rise of social media and its place in today’s business world. Topics include a discussion of various social media platforms and the impact on business, exploring data that supports the use and integration of social media into the business environment, reviewing the changes in the digital landscape and the evolution of social media through case studies for both successful and failed social media programs.
- Understand the impact of social media on the business environment
- Identify and apply social media usage data to business strategy
- Leverage social media to achieve business objectives
Earn the Social Media Manager Certificate from Wisconsin’s premier public, urban university. Increase your skills, earning potential, and value in the workplace.
Jamey Shiels is the director of Social Media and Digital Communication for Aurora Health Care, an integrated health system with 15 hospitals, 90 clinics and more than 29,000 employees that serves the health care needs of eastern Wisconsin and northern ... read more
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for the strategic planning, alignment and integration of social media within their organization.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the importance that social media have in business strategy by presenting case studies and business data relevant to your organization
- Highlight opportunities to leverage social media within your industry
1) Aligning Business & Social Media Goals
- Writing SMART Goals
- Business Goals vs Objectives vs Strategies vs Tactics
2) Know Your Audience
- Social Media Monitoring
- Content Marketing Personas
3) Social Platforms
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- YouTube, Instagram, Messaging
4) Social Media Strategies & Tactics
- Strategies that support objectives
- Defining actions and outcomes
- Plan development
- Defining metrics
- URL tracking
- Report development
6) Social Media Content
- voice and tone
- creation vs curation
- branded content
- drive engagement
7) Content Calendars & Tools
- Content development planning
- Production planning
- Scheduling and publishing
"The course was amazing – couldn’t have been better!" — Amanda, 2018
Date: Course available Jan 27-Apr 19, 2020
Instructor: Jamey Shiels
$2,249 by Mon., Jan. 13, 2020.
$2,499 after Mon., Jan. 13, 2020.
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5026-11857
Registration Deadline: Mon., Jan. 27, 2020