Social Media: Leveraging New Trends to Build a Successful Social Strategy
(formerly What's New in Social Media: Leveraging Trends to Build a Successful Social Strategy)
This course provides an overview of current trends and how they fit into the three essential drivers of an effective social media strategy.
Changes in social media happen daily: Which mediums, platforms and overall trends are important to your business and how do they mesh with your social strategy?
Having a successful social media strategy requires having the right social content (blog, live video, images), social analytics and robust customer service. These three elements are key drivers to showing tangible social media marketing value to your business and stakeholders. Now that your framework is set, how do trends impact your strategy?
Learn about social media marketing tools and trends through hands-on activities, projects and case studies. (To keep current on social media, it’s a good idea to take this class every year.)
- Content Creation: Blogs, photos, video, live video
- Advertising on social media
- Analytics tools: Native analytics and Google Analytics
- Customer Service: External (complaints, questions, phrase) and internal (requests for a social post, new Facebook page or group)
- Social listening: How to be “on” all the time
- Trends: What’s new? What’s working? How to integrate this into your strategy.
"Extremely informative! I jotted down a long laundry list of to-dos once I got back to the office. Excited to implement some of the new strategies and ideas I learned today." — Becca Mader, 2017
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Thu, Oct 17
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Becky Kolar-Imig
$349 by Thu., Oct. 3.
$374 after Thu., Oct. 3.
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5026-11909
Registration Deadline: Thu., Oct. 17