SHRM Essentials of Human Resources
SHRM Essentials of Human Resources is an introductory course offering a comprehensive overview of the key aspects of HR. It gives participants foundational knowledge and an introduction to behavioral competencies that are essential for business success.
Kristin Strunk is a highly versatile human resources professional with over 15 years of progressive experience in international human resources management as well as other key areas including communication, organizational change, labor relations, strategic business planning, training and development, and ... read more
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for those who are just starting out in the human resources profession or those who are looking for an effective way to boost their employee management skills.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
Gain a solid foundation in key human resource topics including:
- Foundational knowledge about recruiting, hiring, performance management, compensation and their legal impact.
- Behavioral competencies that can improve judgement and decision making.
- Practical experience through tools and resources to improve your job performance.
Module 1: Human Resources
Module 2: Talent Acquisition
Module 3: Total Rewards
Module 4: Learning and Development
Module 5: Performance Management
Module 6: Employment Law
Each participant receives access to the following online tools:
- Pretest to gauge current knowledge
- An innovative study plan to guide learning
- Module-specific test for each module
- Glossary of key terms
- Posttest to assess learning gain
- Case study featuring real-life scenarios to apply concepts learned throughout the course
- Access to the online Resource Center offering HR updates, a feedback feature and links to valuable resources
- Access to individual and group reports to measure progress and learning gain
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.