Plastics Extrusion Profile Die Design & Advanced Processing
The Profile Die for Plastics Extrusion needs a proactive approach to design. The shape of a continuously extruded product may not be consistent because of the change of shape of the plastic due to temperature and physical constraints along the manufacturing line. Learn about how to carefully design the profile die so that you can predict the final shape with certainty. You can gain an understanding of important factors such as drawdown and land length ratios. During this two-day course, you have the opportunity to gain a better understanding of practical and advanced methods for quality processing of extruded products.
Daniel Cykana is the Chief Consultant for Extrusion Solutions, LLC, an organization focusing in on Die Design and extrusion processing problems. (www.extrusionprocessing.com) Daniel has dedicated his career to the plastics industry for the past 53 years. 1964-1978 Northland Plastics Inc. ... read more
Who Should Attend
Die Designers, Engineers, Extruder Technicians, Setup Personnel, Technical Staff, New Product Development Mgrs.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- You will gain a detailed understanding of the role of the profile die design for plastics extrusion products
- You will learn about the effect of variation of temperature and constraints on the final shape.
- You will understand various geometric design features of dies for extrusion.
- In-depth instruction on Profile Die Design
- Effects of processing conditions on flow velocity through profile die
- Tube, Rod, & Profile Die Design ( Land Length Ratios, Drawdown factors)
- Materials of construction
- Balanced profiles, Uneven Wall profiles, Cap-coated profiles
- Hollow profiles, multi-hollow profiles
- Sizing & Calibration
Dates and locations to be announced.