Lean Process Improvement Module I
Lean is a proven methodology that creates an engaged, problem-solving culture and drives business results. The Lean Process Improvement course applies the methodology and its underlying principles to a broad range of industries including health care, insurance, government, utilities and not-for-profits. Through the execution of a required capstone project, participants directly apply course knowledge to solve important problems in their own organizations. The course experience includes real-time coaching and feedback from instructors and peers.
Organizations everywhere are implementing the Lean methodology as their primary business operating philosophy and management system to streamline operations, eliminate waste from processes, improve quality, increase customer satisfaction and achieve bottom-line savings.
Module I (2 Days)
Key course takeaways:
- Lean methodology fundamentals
- Lean implementation structure
- Success stories – industry and prior Lean classes
- Hands-on simulation of batch vs. flow processes
- Value and waste identification and elimination
- Basic tools to visualize the value stream
- Effective metrics
- Culture and leadership
- Change management and acceleration
- Prioritization of improvement ideas
- Improvement event structure and tactics
- Capstone project initiation using concepts learned
Paul Pejsa has over 30 years of experience in research, engineering, manufacturing, service and process improvement. He has held leadership positions including manufacturing plant manager, global supply chain strategy deployment leader and executive director for healthcare lean transformation. He is ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Explain how the Lean methodology is applied to generate efficient processes.
- Outline processes from start to finish using Value Stream Mapping tools and identify problems in value streams.
- Apply Lean tools to resolve critical problems, streamlining processes and eliminating waste.
- Identify leadership behaviors and practices that create a Lean culture and sustain improvements.
- Through the required capstone project, apply Lean methodology and principles directly to solve important problems.
"I was so thankful that I could get so much done in just two days. They teach in a way that is so practical. They were so knowledgeable about every industry. For me it was so helpful that they used health care examples." — Valecia Watson MSN RN, Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist, Children's Community Health Plan, 2019
"The instructors are very knowledgeable and very helpful when answering questions." — Participant, 2019
Date: 2 Tue & Wed, Feb 16-Mar 17, 2021
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8am-Noon CT
CEUs: 1.4, PDCs: 14
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5027-13495
Note: This course meets live online on Feb 16 & 17 and March 16 & 17 from 8:00am-12:00 Noon.
Registration Deadline: Feb 15, 2021