Office Lean Module I
Lean is a proven methodology to enable business results and create an engaged, problem-solving culture. Office Lean takes manufacturing-based principles and applies them to non-traditional industries, including healthcare, insurance, government, utilities, and not-for profits. Through the execution of required capstone projects, students apply these methodologies and principles directly to their own organizations and receive real-time coaching and feedback from instructors and peers.
Recently, organizations have begun using Office Lean as a business operating philosophy and key productivity factor to streamline and eliminate waste from administrative processes, improve quality, and achieve bottom-line savings.
Module I (2 Days)
- Lean implementation structure
- Success stories – industry and prior Office Lean classes
- Hands-on simulation of batch vs. flow
- Value and waste identification and elimination
- Basic tools to visualize the value stream
- Effective metrics
- Culture and leadership
- Change management and acceleration
- Prioritizing improvements
- Improvement event structure and tactics
- Launch capstone projects using concepts learned
Paul Pejsa has over 25 years of experience in research, engineering, manufacturing, service and process improvement. At Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, Paul led DOD and NASA funded research in high temperature super alloys. Within GE’s Transportation and Healthcare businesses, he ... read more
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Tue.-Wed., Oct 2-3
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
CEUs: 1.4, PDHs: 14
Enrollment Limit: 16
Program Number: 4820-10949
Registration Deadline: Tue., Oct. 2Registration is Closed.