Medical Scribe by AHDPG
This exclusive accelerated program was developed in partnership with the American Healthcare Documentation Professionals Group (AHDPG)
This program is a new exclusive offering developed in partnership with the AHDPG – one of the nation’s leaders in health care documentation services, training and certification. It’s a personalized approach to career training designed to help you get more of the information you need based on the knowledge you already have.
Our program is personalized to an exceptional degree. With a precourse evaluation, we determine your strengths, pinpoint areas of opportunity and tailor the program to target those specific topics.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Medical Scribe Foundations
- Know your way around the program and gain an understanding of the industry.
- Medical Terminology and Anatomy
- Learn basic human anatomy and pharmacology, recognize common jargon and abbreviations, and interpret medical instructions.
- EHR Guidelines
- Gain the importance of clinical standards in the development of interoperable electronic health records.
- Introduction to Medical Terminology
- Body Systems
- Diagnostics and Abbreviations
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Cells, Tissues and Systems
- Skeletal and Muscle Systems
- Integumentary Systems
- Nervous Systems
- Special Senses and Endocrine Systems
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- Gastrointestinal System
- Urinary System
- Reproductive System
- Diagnostic Studies
- Becoming a Medical Scribe (Foundations)
- HIPAA for Medical Scribes
- Medical Language and the Patient
- Review of Systems (ROS)
- Fundamentals of Patient Visit
- Medical Decision Making
- Scribe Documentation
- Chart Guidelines for Reimbursement (ICD-10)
- Basic Medication Review
- Common Lab and Diagnostic Studies
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Charting – Case Studies (Hands-on activities)
- Final Exam
Dates and locations to be announced.