Mastering Leadership – Breaking Through to Exceptional Effectiveness
Achieve your leadership potential by exploring the Breakthrough Leadership model. This methodology integrates theory and practices from top leadership experts into an approach designed to equip you with the leadership skills and mindsets you need to flourish in today’s complex and ever-changing work environment. Built with a deep commitment to practical application, this course is designed with experiential exercises and practical tools that both anchor and sustain your ongoing learning. You leave equipped to incorporate these powerful ideas into both your professional and personal life.
Donna Schumell is the founder and CEO of Reimagining Leadership | Redefining Wealth. She brings 20 years of direct corporate executive leadership experience to executive coaching, leadership facilitation and team development. When she integrates group facilitation with one-on-one coaching, cohorts ... read more
Who Should Attend
Experienced, new or aspiring leaders, managers, supervisors, group/team leaders, HR generalists and anyone with leadership responsibilities
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
This two-day session prepares you to:
- Align leadership mindset with marketplace complexity
- Define leadership and leadership effectiveness
- Observe and apply adult stages of development to personal and professional growth
- Differentiate creative competencies that fuel leadership success from reactive tendencies that constrain
- Build a framework for sustainable leadership growth
- Solicit and provide feedback that works
- Translate powerful leadership learning into breakthrough leadership practice
- Let’s Get Centered! Everyday Mindfulness Opener
- How Do You Define Leadership?
- Breakthrough Leadership: What’s Different?
- Embracing Complexity
- Adaptive vs. Technical
- A Whole New Mind: What Do You Have? What Has You?
- Understanding Stages of Development
- Subject Object Thinking
- What Makes a Great Leader Great?
- Critical Core Leadership Competencies
- What Keeps Leaders from Greatness?
- Liberating Limiting Beliefs and Assumptions
- Reactive Tendencies That Constrain
- How Do Thinking and Acting Connect?
- Observing Your Internal Operating System
- What About YOU? Understanding Your Self-Assessment
- Somatic Practice: Embodying Creative and Reactive
- Taking It to the Mat
- What’s at Risk?
- What’s in Your Transformational Change Toolkit?
- Trigger Triangle
- Name Them/Tame Them Emotions
- Power Pause
- Transformation Circle
- What’s Your New Leadership Story?
- Using the Dynamic Transformation Matrix
- How Can You Build Accountability?
- Defining One Big Thing
- Start Doing/Stop Doing
- Inviting Feedback
- Your Takeaways and Next Steps
Prior to attending the course, please purchase the book “Mastering Leadership” (ISBN# 978-1-119-14719-0). Read chapters 1-2 and complete an online self-assessment. Specific instructions about how to access the assessment will be sent once you register for the course.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Thu-Fri, Oct 24-25
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Donna Schumell JD, PLCC
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5050-12349
Registration Deadline: Thu., Oct. 24