Managing Virtual Staff and Teams
Increasingly, we’re seeing more organizations with employees who work from home, live in other states and often live in other countries. Learn to “manage and lead from a distance” by understanding the challenges and best practices for working with individuals and virtual teams who are not located on-site. Learn how to build trust, navigate conflict, make decisions and conduct engaging meetings with virtual staff and teams.
This course benefits those who manage or lead domestic or global virtual teams and mobile workers (employees, consultants and other business partners) or individuals who will soon be leading them.
Need to upskill your team? We can bring this training to your organization, when and where it is convenient. For more information, visit Customized Training.
This course can be applied to the following certificates:
Business Administration Certificate
Emerging Leaders Certificate
Project Management Certificate
Who Should Attend
Team leaders, supervisors and managers, directors and vice presidents
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the differences between virtual and on-site teams, including the impacts of time, distance, technology and culture.
- Apply the Long-Distance Leadership Model™ to prepare and lead virtual teams.
- Identify key competencies of high-performing virtual team leaders and members.
- Employ techniques to develop and maintain trust among team members and reduce conflicts.
- Manage virtual team meetings to engage members and make decisions.
- Identify how culture influences your team members.
- Identify key components of a Team Operating Agreement (TOA) to improve efficiency and reduce misunderstandings.
- Select best practices for tracking and assessing performance.
- Opening and introduction
- Leading from a distance
- Critical success components for globally dispersed teams
- Complexity and reliance of teams
- Long-distance leadership model
- Articulating the team purpose and vision
- Team leader and team members skills
- Selecting and onboarding team members
- Establishing a Team Operating Agreement (TOA)
- Virtual team assessment
- Ensure high-quality leader and member communication: the influence or culture
- Conduct effective virtual team meetings
- Produce and maintain high productivity and engagement; coaching for performance
- Measuring results and performance support
- Key learnings and action plans
Dates and locations to be announced.