Managing Virtual Staff and Teams
Increasingly, we’re seeing more organizations with employees who work from home, live in other states and often live in other countries. Learn to “manage and lead from a distance” by understanding the challenges and best practices for working with individuals and virtual teams who are not located on-site. Learn how to build trust, navigate conflict, make decisions and conduct engaging meetings with virtual staff and teams.
This course benefits those who manage or lead domestic or global virtual teams and mobile workers (employees, consultants and other business partners) or individuals who will soon be leading them.
Need to upskill your team? We can bring this training to your organization, when and where it is convenient. For more information, visit Customized Training.
Lee Johnsen has a 30-year record of successfully guiding organizations toward improved productivity and work relationships resulting in significant growth. Lee is a results-oriented human resources professional focused on helping organizations achieve excellence. He is a leader in human performance ... read more
Who Should Attend
Team leaders, supervisors and managers, directors and vice presidents
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the differences between virtual and on-site teams, including the impacts of time, distance, technology and culture.
- Apply the Long-Distance Leadership Model™ to prepare and lead virtual teams.
- Identify key competencies of high-performing virtual team leaders and members.
- Employ techniques to develop and maintain trust among team members and reduce conflicts.
- Manage virtual team meetings to engage members and make decisions.
- Identify how culture influences your team members.
- Identify key components of a Team Operating Agreement (TOA) to improve efficiency and reduce misunderstandings.
- Select best practices for tracking and assessing performance.
- Opening and introduction
- Leading from a distance
- Critical success components for globally dispersed teams
- Complexity and reliance of teams
- Long-distance leadership model
- Articulating the team purpose and vision
- Team leader and team members skills
- Selecting and onboarding team members
- Establishing a Team Operating Agreement (TOA)
- Virtual team assessment
- Ensure high-quality leader and member communication: the influence or culture
- Conduct effective virtual team meetings
- Produce and maintain high productivity and engagement; coaching for performance
- Measuring results and performance support
- Key learnings and action plans
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshment networking breaks, lunches, instructional materials and discounted parking.
Date: Tue & Thu, Apr 27-29, 2021
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30am-3:30pm CT
Instructor: Lee Johnsen CPLP, CPT, SPHR
$845 by Apr 13, 2021
$895 after Apr 13, 2021
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 5050-13292
Note: This course meets live online via Zoom on Tues, Apr 27 from 8:30am to 3:30pm and on Thur, Apr 29 from 9:00am to 3:30pm.
Registration Deadline: Apr 19, 2021