Introduction to Child and Youth Work
This course explores the foundations of child and youth work with an introduction to the field. Take this course individually or as a part of the Youth Engagement Practice Certificate.
Who Should Attend
residential workers, group home staff, community-based organizations, after-school programs, teachers, youth development specialist/counselors
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Review a brief history and introduction of child and youth work
- Learn the rights of children, youth and families
- Examine social policy and its implication on youth
- Understand your role as professional child and youth care workers/counselors
- A brief introduction
- History of the field
- Rights and policy
- Roles and responsibilities
Register for all core courses at once to save!
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.