IIoT and Implementing Industry 4.0
The Industrial Internet of Things
In this course, you learn the methods and strategies behind the technology that allows injection molding processors to gain new efficiencies of machine utilization, preventative maintenance and improved uptime. Today, these advancements fall under the topics of Industry 4.0, Smart Factories and the Industrial Internet of Things. You learn the advantages of remote web servicing, faster mold and color changeovers, better production monitoring and quality controls. This new program helps in learning how to implement the changes that combine people, processes and technology. We discuss how to lead this new direction in organizations that may be resistant to change. The value of implementing Industry 4.0 is highlighted along with cost-saving potential.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Gain an overview of Plastics Manufacturing 4.0 Smart Factory developments
- Explore the current status of industry guideline/standards for interface and its direction
- Experience video demonstrations of a factory mold set-up technician using 4.0 technology compared to today’s sequence
- Remote connections to your factory
- Using web services to optimize productivity
- The range of 4.0 possibilities today and a vision for the future
- Processor example testimonials of using 4.0 and derived benefits
- Presentation materials handout
Dates and locations to be announced.