Fundamentals of Organizational Development
Receive a thorough introduction to organizational development – its history, purpose, terminology, practices and the implementation of organizational plans. Study the impact of organizational culture, and take a look at various change management models from different perspectives.
This is the recommended first course for those pursuing the Human Resource Management & Organizational Development Certificate and is the prerequisite for some of the courses in the certificate.
Mary Kurer is the Director of Continuing Education at the University of Wisconsin – Washington County and she is passionate about personal and professional development. She has experience in learning and development, business management and organizational leadership. She has proven ... read more
Who Should Attend
- Training and Development Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- New or Experienced Trainers
- HR Professionals
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Conduct developmental culture scoring
- Identify vision, mission and values
- Organize action research and appreciative inquiry
- Introduction to Organizational Development
- Defining OD
- Life Cycle
- Internal vs. External
- Developmental Culture Scoring
- Terminology & Practices
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Strategy, Tactics, Goals, Objectives
- Change Management
- Organization & Employee Viewpoints
- Success Rates & Communication
- Four Change Models
- Action Research & Appreciative Inquiry
- Core Values & Change
- OD Plans
- Developing an OD Plan
- Life Cycle
Sessions include a morning and afternoon 15-minute break.
Lunch and snacks are provided each day. Discounted parking is also available for those who park in the adjacent Grand Avenue parking structure.
"Mary Kurer was knowledgeable and competent to teach this topic." — Anne Sims, Project Coordinator, WFA Staffing, 2019
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.