Foundations of Youth Development
Examine what motivates and ultimately shapes child and youth behavior. Explore various models and their implications on positive youth development. Learn what it means to be “at risk” while identifying characteristics and traits of healthy adolescent and youth development.
Who Should Attend
Residential, group home, foster and shelter care professionals, youth workers, community-based organizations, schools, teachers, mentors, etc.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn developmental domains
- Identify implications of developmental delays and behavior
- Review characteristics of healthy development
- Examine support models for fostering a safe and healthy environment for youth
- Domains of development
- Implications of developmental delays
- Healthy youth and adolescent development and growth factors
- Support models