Ethics and Boundaries for Psychologists
Fulfill six hours of the state requirements for continuing education with this instructor-led, interactive online or face-to-face course.
Who Should Attend
Psychologists, therapists, mental health professionals
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Become familiar with the APA’s “Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct” (2017) including 2010 and 2016 amendments
- Become familiar with the APA “Professional Practice Guidelines” including where to find them and topics covered
- Identify common ethical violations in psychology
- Identify areas where ethics and law conflict
- Apply ethical decision-making models to resolve ethical dilemmas
- Review and apply specific “Professional Practice Guidelines” to transgender and gender nonconforming people, lesbian, gay and bisexual clients, telepsychology and in health care delivery.
Online Access to Course Site
Look for an email approximately one week prior to the start date of the class with instructions on setting up your username and password and how to access the online course site.
This is an instructor-facilitated, online asynchronous course. You are required to have routine access to a computer with Internet (we highly recommend a high speed connection such as DSL or cable modem). You are also required to have a recent version of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable program to include Microsoft Word (word processing), Excel (spreadsheets), and PowerPoint (presentations) in order to both view and create documents needed to participate in this course.
Course materials will be provided in the online course site Canvas.
Each week you are given readings and assignments to complete. Each week you are expected to log in and complete assignments within the deadlines given in order to be awarded CEUs and the certificate of completion. However, within the deadline you can complete the readings and assignments at your leisure.
Certificates of completion will be mailed within two weeks after the last day of class.
Dates and locations to be announced.