Effective Live Online Instruction: How to Craft Impactful Virtual Learning Experiences
Develop your skills to design and deliver engaging and impactful live online instruction. In this course, you learn how to leverage the capabilities of evolving technology tools and apply instructional strategies based on learning science. Through interactive exercises, expert modeling, numerous examples, and practice opportunities with feedback, you fine-tune your skills as an online instructor. You also learn when and how to blend live virtual instruction with online self-study material to create more holistic (integrated) learning experiences.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Design and deliver more engaging and impactful virtual instruction.
2. Use active learning strategies in online virtual sessions that leverage common online platform tools.
2. Apply and practice principles for effective online facilitation.
3. Use webcams effectively to foster instructor presence.
4. Adopt strategies to direct and focus learner attention in an online environment.
5. Improve the technical quality of virtual presentations for live/synchronous delivery.
6. Adopt strategies to prepare for, troubleshoot and recover from technical challenges.
• Making the shift from providing face-to-face instruction and content to designing virtual learning experiences
• Exploring strengths and limitations of virtual classes
• Learning how and when to incorporate live virtual instruction with online self-study, or asynchronous learning
• Creating a virtual instructor workspace
• Improving the technical quality of virtual classes
• Fostering a welcoming climate for virtual learning experiences
• On-camera competencies for impactful instructor presence
• Online facilitation strategies
• Creating virtual learning activities using common platform tools
• Technical troubleshooting and recovery strategies
• Practice exercises with instructor feedback
Date: 3 Thu, Dec 1-15
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30-10:30am CT
Instructor: Diana Howles
$379 by Nov 17
$425 after Nov 17
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5040-14664
Note: This course starts on Dec 1 and runs through Dec 15. Live online sessions take place on Dec 1, 8 and 15 from 8:30-10:30am CT.
Registration Deadline: Nov 30