Games, Icebreakers, and Energizers
Add vitality to your training sessions and meetings by incorporating icebreakers, energizers and experiences. Learn new engagement tools as well as a process to design your own customized tools. This class is guaranteed to improve your training ROI.
Research consistently indicates that training content retention and/or meeting participation is vastly improved when attendees are engaged and focused, and that’s the objective of this course.
Note: This program is designed and delivered to be learner centered. Attendees are actively engaged in the learning process leaving with content they can immediately apply. Additionally, the instructor is a training subject matter expert who provides helpful tips and techniques throughout the class while answering any specific questions related to your application.
Who Should Attend
- Training and Development Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- New or Experienced Trainers
- HR Professionals
- Anyone Interested in Utilizing Icebreakers and Energizers During Training Sessions or Meetings
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Correlate learning retention for the adult learner with participant engagement
- Gain exposure to multiple examples of icebreakers, energizers and experiences
- Expand on current knowledge of training aid sources and their applications
- Identify opportunities to incorporate learning experiences in training design along with effective debrief
- Be able to identify the elements of effective icebreakers, energizers and experiences
- Practice the use of a design model for icebreakers and energizers
8am – 12pm
- Introductions & Logistics
- Training or meeting — its hard work
- Why use “warm ups”
- What is an Accelerator?
- Categories – Social or Topical
- Creating Accelerator
- Six step for creating warm-ups
- Making Accelerator happen – delivery
- Practice & Application
Breakfast will be provided. Discounted parking is also available for those who park in the adjacent Grand Avenue parking structure.
Dates and locations to be announced.