Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency
COVID-19 has changed the way we live. These changes have ripple effects that will continue to permeate our lives long after we return to our “normal” routines – which means infection prevention is key to our country’s ongoing recovery. If you’re looking for ways to brush up on your skills, refresh your knowledge and flatten the curve, the Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency course is the perfect resource.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Personal Hygiene and Protection
- Learn how to protect yourself – and others – by practicing healthy habits.
- Cleaning and Sterilization
- Provide the best treatment by knowing how to keep equipment and tools sterilized.
- COVID-19 Guidelines
- Walk you through all CMS guidelines for infection prevention as they relate to COVID-19.
- Transmission Prevention and Control of Infection
- Preventing Needlestick and Sharp-Object Injuries
- Engineering and Work Practice Controls
- Protection From Blood-Borne Pathogens
- Barriers and Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a Health Care Environment
- Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization
- Prevention and Control of Infectious Disease
- Handwashing Infection Control in Health Care
- Sepsis Awareness and Education
- Certificate of Sepsis Prevention Proficiency
- COVID-19 CMS Guidelines
- Simulation: Hand Hygiene With Sanitizer Code
- Simulation: Hand Hygiene With Soap and Water
- Simulation: Isolation PPE Protocol – Donning & Doffing
- Certificate of Infection Control Basic Proficiency (CICBP) Final Exam
- Certificate of Infection Control Basic Proficiency (CICBP) Certificate Request